We are now open at our new location and offering both MAT and personal training!
You’ll find no “cookie cutter” evaluations here! Through a personalized and thorough assessment, we examine and treat your specific concerns to:
- Reduce your pain by treating the mechanics of injury, not the symptoms
- Improve range of motion and stability
- Reduce the risk of injury and improve your performance by preparing your body for exercise
- Enable you to continue participating in desired activities at an improved level of function
- Increase mastery of your own health and fitness through increased body-awareness
If you experience any of the following, we may be able to help you:
- Back/neck pain
- Joint pain or instability
- Chronic muscle tightness or weakness
- Tendonitis/tennis elbow
- Prenatal/postpartum effects
- Overuse injuries
During MAT, we systematically identify and treat muscular imbalance and instability.
- The central philosophy of MAT is that we view limited range of motion / tightness as a result of the body’s attempt to compensate for underlying imbalance and weakness – it is these underlying issues that we seek to address.
- We identify limitations in motion through a joint-by-joint movement evaluation, comparing one side of the body to the other side when possible.
- We then identify specific inhibited muscles through direct muscle testing, which involves moving joints into specific positions and testing their ability to withstand resistance.
- When inhibited muscles are identified, we attempt to improve their communication with the central nervous system by manually palpating the muscle attachment points and/or using isometric exercises.
The solution to your issue will be as specific as you are unique. We will evaluate and treat on a muscle by muscle and joint by joint basis every time.
To learn more about what will take place during your session see our FAQ page.
- $90 per session
- A typical session is 60 minutes
- Discount for 6 prepaid sessions ($75 per session)
How to Get Started & Prepare for Your Appointment
- Click here to learn more about our MAT specialists, or
- Contact Us for additional information or to schedule an appointment
- Print and fill out the TMF Client Intake Form prior to your appointment, or arrive about 15 minutes early to fill it out at the office. If you have filled out the form previously, please complete it again if you are visiting our new location (1125 16th Street) for the first time, or if there are changes to your health or other information on the form.
- Please where comfortable clothing that is easy to move in.
- Health & safety protocol: Please email or call to reschedule if you are ill (e.g., flu, COVID…), have a fever (you will be asked to check on arrival), or have been in close contact with someone that is ill. TMF staff are vaccinated against COVID-19. However, for the health and safety of all, given variants and high community spread, we request that everyone wear a mask at this time. We have complementary masks available for clients.